Sunday, April 27, 2008

Seeing Red

Yes, that is me after attempting to dye my own hair. I had been going for flirty-fun, not haha-fun, but go ahead and have a good laugh.

Things that made me laugh even though I was extremely depressed and humiliated after doing this to MYSELF:
  1. A story on the evening news about a Phoenix man who played a huge hoax by attaching flares to helium balloons and releasing them into the night sky. Apparently thousands of people believed they were seeing a UFO.

  2. Lunesta commercials that say "Call your doctor right away if after taking Lunesta you walk, drive, eat or engage in other activities while asleep." Do people actually take this stuff and just hope they don't take drive their kids to school while they're still asleep?

Things I have learned from this harrowing experience:

  1. Some things are worth paying a professional, hair coloring and dental work being at the top of the list.

  2. In times of tragedy, count your blessings. Like for example, I don't look half-bad in hats.

  3. I am way too insecure about what people think of me.

  4. I should have more faith in my friends and aquaintances and believe that they are not so shallow as to judge me as a person based on my physical appearance.

  5. The Inernet is my friend. After I pulled myself together, I went to my computer and typed in "removing semi permanent hair dye" and found this page. I tried multiple washings and using hot oil, but ultimately opted for a chemical product called Color Oops.

Aah, much better!

2 comments:

MegandMag said...

I like the hair cut. I don't think I have ever conciously seen your profile before. It is very stately. Like you should be someone famouse politically or historically like a suffragist or something. An odd thing to say I know.

j said...

I didn't think it looked bad, were you maybe just shocked by the change? And I like the haircut very much.

Jen