Saturday, April 12, 2008

Warming Up







I was beginning to think we were living in the land that spring forgot, but it was beautiful in our neck of the woods this weekend. The kids and I spent about three hours at the park soaking in the sunshine, having a picnic, feeding the ducks and, of course, playing on the playground. My husband, Jeff, was out of town for the weekend, so the kids and I were on our own. So besides the weather warming up, we are also warming up for our business' busy season. We own a moving company and summer is the time when we do the most volume. It won't be long and Jeff will practically be living at the office. I sometimes complain that he is busiest when the weather's the nicest and we could be out biking or camping together, but the truth is, it is probably much better that I can take the kids to the park and do things outdoors when Jeff is tied up with work. If I had to spend the long, dark winter without him around, it would be so much worse.

No comments: