Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Nothing To Do But Sit Back and Wait

Yay! We mailed our packages off to our two swap partners today! I waited until the last minute, which is sort of my MO, but I also had a lot of family stuff come up over the weekend that prevented me from finishing up a bit early. I have to admit that I am much more nervous than I thought I would be over what our partners will think of the stuff we sent. Is it creative enough? Did I send enough? Are my sewing skills good enough? I am going to wait until our partners have received their packages before posting any pictures--I don't want to give anything away. I know as a mom I like to be surprised along with my kids.

I am going to keep this post short, it is getting late and my son has already made me promise that I will help him make one of the things we sent off today for him to play with.

3 comments:

village mama said...

Hi Melissa, thanks so much for appreciation my process with my book! Yes, it's about cooking with kids.

Don't worry about the confusion regarding the package - I live confusion ;-)

A drop-in is a free, social centre for parents/care givers and their children from birth to age six. There are tons in our city, great for arts and crafts, and some have huge gyms with balls and trikes, and some even offer free coffee and snacks. They are amazing support centres for families with young children, great for surviving winter and the tough days...

village mama said...

Me again, just to say thank you for creating this swap! Wonderful for you to offer your time and encouragement to us moms always looking for fun and creative activities.

I am sure your swapees will adore your packages. It's the joy of receiving a package and liaising with another family that's all that really matters.

Have a great day!

JessTrev said...

Like village mama said. My kid is SO EXCITED (and can you tell i am too?) to get a care package! Doesn't matter if it is filled with crumpled newspaper. Thanks so much for all your efforts in advance. And I hope you guys like our (kind of strange) care package too!