Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

Last night was a good night and today is looking pretty good, too. First, we have started getting lots of people signing up for the swap. Thank you to Melanie at Mommy Doodles and Lori at Camp Creek Press. They were both generous enough to do posts announcing the swap and it has helped tremendously.
Second, the sun is shining and it was warm enough to take the kids by the park after preschool today! Yay!! There are still patches of snow on the ground, but the slides and swings were dry. We spent a full half hour there before the kids started thinking about lunch.

Also, I finally finished my series of cut paper illustrations last night. I still need to mount them onto a black background that will provide a border around each one. Then I plan to laminate and bind them.

One of my goals with this project was to not get too caught up in being a perfectionist. I tried to just go with my first attempt, and if I felt myself getting too fussy about anything, I would put it aside and come back to it later. Here are a few of my favorites from the series (some you might have seen in an earlier post):

And here are the ones that I struggled with the most:


Did I mention the title?



I have trouble photographing art, so if anyone has any tips, I would appreciate them. Anyway, I had fun with this project, and I hope my kids enjoy the end result.

2 comments:

MegandMag said...

Did you paint on any of your pieces like eric carle or just use paper? They all turned out wonderful by the way! Just popping by to say hi. It is impossible to spend more than ten minutes at a time on memorization I have decided! Ryan was supposed to go on a business trip but is home sick. I am getting less accomplished with a sick spouse around. I sort of wishe he had gone and recooped in his hotel room. Bad selfish wife day I admit! Have I told you IKEA is opening here and we are probably going to go camp out at 3 am....we need free stuff! Meg

j said...

I'm glad you are having luck with the swap.
Your book is great and when you publish, I would like a signed copy. I find that if I photograph things in natural light (out side) without the flash, it works better. Give it a try and see how that goes for you. Jen