Monday, February 25, 2008

5555 Book Meme

I was tagged for a book meme by Jennifer over at Dust Bunny Hostage. I am supposed to choose my favorite book, turn to page 55, copy the first 5 lines on that page and then tag 5 more people. I have two problems with this, first Jennifer already used my all-time favorite book, Daisy Faye and the Miracle Man. I have read that book every few years since I was 12-years-old whenever I really needed cheering up. Second, since I usually go to the library, I don't have a huge selection of books at home to choose from. So, this isn't neccessarily from my favorite book, but it is from one I really enjoyed and have read more than once.
Every parent watched through the lens of a videocamera. Weary shoppers trudged along, lugging shopping bags, bumping into others, fighting with their children.
Luther had never felt prouder.
Across the way, he saw a new sporting goods store. He strolled over, noticing through the window that there was a crowd inside and certainly not enough cashiers.
Okay, now leave your guess as to what book it is in the comments. I will put the answer in the comments on Wednesday. Hint: The author is southern and this is not his usual genre.
Lastly, if you like to read, consider yourself tagged. Leave a comment on this post when you have posted your meme, so I can visit and make a guess of my own.

3 comments:

j said...

Nicholas Sparks/John Grisham ????? Which one? Ok, I read the book first and enjoyed the movie too! It's Skipping Christmas (is that the name - MAN, I am at a loss) or Christmas with the Kranks (one was the movie, one was the book). I OF COURSE liked the book the best! The only recent movie that did the book justice (besides Forrest Gump) was The Chronicles of Narnia and the sequel is COMING SOON!!!! I love it that you and I love the same book. Have you read any of her latest books? I tried and didn't get into them. Jen

Spokane Southie said...

The book was Skipping Christmas by John Grisham. Obviously not the type of story he is known for writing. I have been a fan of his for a long time and especially like his earlier law thrillers like The Firm, The Client and The Pelican Brief.

Spokane Southie said...

Yay! Someone played along--check out www.mosaicofmythoughts.blogspot.com for my new blogger friend's 5555 meme. She is also a friend outside the blogosphere, but new to blogging.