Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snow and Pineapple

We have probably gotten about a foot and a half of snow here in the last 24 hours and it is still snowing hard. So what is a mother who yearns for tropical weather to do? Cut into a big, juicy, imported pineapple, of course! I know that anyone committed to buying local is probably shaking their head at me, but seriously, there is nothing growing locally here right now. I promise to buy nothing but locally grown produce in the summer--I will even go out to the farm and pick it myself. Although then I may draw fire from anyone worried about child labor since last year I had my 7 and 9-year-old nieces, as well as my then 3-year-old son out picking raspberries with me in 90 degree heat. They weren't complaining when they got home and started eating the fruits of their labor, though!

1 comment:

j said...

We love fresh pineapple here too. Hubby buys it for the kids and himself. Then they have toothpick, pineapple binges. Why do you have to eat fresh pineapple with a toothpick? I just sit back and watch, loving that this is 'their thing'. Jennifer