Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day, May Day!

A very good friend of mine sent me these today, for no other reason than to say Happy May Day and that she misses me (she lives across the state so we don't see each other as much as we'd like). It reminded me of when I was a kid and my mom would have my brother and I leave flowers, usually lilacs off our bushes, on our neighbors' doorsteps on May Day. We would ring the bell and then run away. So, I thought my son might have fun delivering some flowers of his own. Thankfully, we live close to a greenhouse so it was a snap to grab some flowers and pots. We left one for each of my nieces to find after school and one for my mother-in-law to find after work. My son really did get a kick out of secretly delivering flowers and anticipating how excited the recipients would be. Here is what ours looked like:
Happy May Day!!

1 comment:

j said...

The flowers are GORGEOUS! That is really sweet of your friend to send you flowers, "just because".

Be blessed.

Jen