Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ready for a Comeback?

It's been over two years since I have posted to this blog. The other day I decided to revisit it and read through some of my old posts. They reminded me of some of the things I have learned along the way as a parent. Some of the posts were good reminders for me of the kind of parent I want to be.

The last time I posted was about a week before my sweet mother-in-law, Juli, passed away. The past couple of years since then have been tough, partly because of Juli's death and partly because of the other stuff life has thrown at us. I have learned that I am a resilient and loyal person. I have also renewed and deepened my relationship with God.

I recently read Leap Over a Wall, by Eugene Peterson, about the life of King David. In the book Peterson talks about the time David spent in exile before becoming king, and how he learned to see the beauty in the wilderness. That is something I am striving to do in my life--see the bright spots and soak them up. That is part of why I think I would like to try returning to writing on this blog again,

so I can look back and see the beauty in the wilderness that is parenting.

Since August of 2010, I have written a community news blog for my neighborhood (www.spokanesouthie.com). It was gratifying to watch it grow in popularity and receive thousands of page views every month, something I have never come close to here on Mommies Think Too. I realized in going back through my old posts that the value in this blog is not how many people read it, but how it helps me to articulate my feelings about parenting and the things in life that matter to me.

I'm not promising anything, but I hope to be posting here more regularly.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Welcome Back!!

Graggirl said...

Hello friend. Sick baby...made me look up all our old blogs and wonder if there is space for that in my life right now.